Saturday, January 15, 2011

Anne Colins' Homecoming and The Blizzard of 2011

Howdy folks. We are finally thawing out here in Hot-Lanta after a week of being snowed and iced in the house. 'The Shining'-quality cabin fever set in several days ago, and were it not for Comcast's On Demand Mickey and Elmo, Mom and Dad may not have made it out unscathed. Dad and I hit the finally cleared roads this morning and met Meriwether and Mr. Grant over at the Hippo Hop to exercise any lingering demons, so I am now back to my charming self and ready to blog.

The rents brought sweet little Anne Colins home from the hospital last week, and took all the textbook 'bring home the new baby' pix. Here we see Dad and Anne Colins showing their good sides and pearly whites next to the biggest pink bow ever tied. (Brought to you by Aunt Jennifer....when she goes, she goes big -- loves it!)


Looks like Dad waited until I left Anne Colins' nursery to take sole credit for those spectacular stripes. Don't worry fans, we have photo evidence of my personal touch in an earlier posting and I took the liberty of setting the record straight with little sis....we had a good laugh at the old man's expense! Nice try D-A-D!
Cooper, Mom and Anne Colins sharing a moment.
Anne Colins, you are too small for this crib.

Anne Colins, seen here wearing her first hair bow...I will have to ask her if Mom staple-gunned that thing on or used the hot glue gun...either way, you are one tough cookie sis...and your pink bow is cute as a button, regardless of application technique.

As I alluded to earlier, Atlanta was hit with a massive snow storm last Sunday night and Monday during which the City was dumped on with 3-5 inches of snow. Schools were closed for 5 days, and streets were not clear of ice until Friday. While complete chaos set in with the adults, we kids loved every minute. Dad and I hit the snow 4 out of 4 mornings for hiking, sledding (on a trash can lid), and golf - yes, golf.
Yes, GOLF. My ball got crazy carry over the icy front lawn. My middle irons went a mile....Golf - 4 letters, 4 seasons.
Well, here we have evidence of some loopy behavior by Dad... I think it was the cabin fever. I rushed to his side and for a man to man, and he came to his senses.
Adios amigos, stay cool out there....CDM!



1 comment:

Keisha said...

I see Anne Colins is already sporting her animal prints ... compliments of Auntie Keisha. Love it, girlie! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the snow and ice -- WE HATED ALMOST EVERY SECOND OF IT!!